st: Re: errors in covariates in an ordered logit

From   "Sophia Rabe-Hesketh" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: errors in covariates in an ordered logit
Date   Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:38:11 -0700

Hi Eric Verhoogen,

You can probably use gllamm (gllamm6 is out-of-date
now) or one of the programs recently developed by Hardin,
Carroll and Schmiediche, see http://www.stata.com/merror/
There is also a draft article on that site on using gllamm for
maximum likelihood estimation of covariate measurement error
models.

Your problem seems to be a bit different from the ones we
describe in that paper since you do not seem to have replicate
measurements of the covariate that's measured with error.
However, you should still be able to use gllamm if you
constrain the measurement error variance to a known constant.
Does the within-group covariance apply to the true covariate
or to the measurement errors? gllamm should be able to handle
such a 'multilevel' structure as well. Please email me privately
if you need specific help.

The most recent version of gllamm is available from
http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/IoP/Departments/BioComp/programs/gllamm.html

Best regards,

Sophia