Re: Subject: st: Markov Chain Model

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Subject: st: Markov Chain Model
Date   Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:06:25 +0300

Dear Edward Norton
 I would be very happy if you  could send also me a copy of the program
you have written for the estimation of Markov chains.
 Thanks in advance,
 Leif Nordberg

Citerar Edward Norton <[email protected]>:

> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:48:20 +0100
> > From: "Yaseen Ghulam" <[email protected]>
> > Subject: st: Markov Chain Model
> >
> > I was wondering that STATA can estimate markov chain model and if
> > yes, are there any user written codes to do the job? Help
> appreciated.
> >
> > Yaseen Ghulam
> > Lecturer Banking and Finance
> > University of Portsmouth
> > Economics Department
> > Milton Site
> > Locksway Road
> > Southsea PO4 8JF
> > U.K.
> > Ph: +44 23 9284 4127
>
> I have written a maximum likelihood program (with RA Jangho Yoon) to
> estimate a five-state Markov model, with covariates.  You should be
> able
> to modify it to a different number of states or covariates as needed.
> will send it to you.
>
> Edward Norton
> Associate Professor
> Department of Health Policy and Administration
> CB #7411, McGavran-Greenberg Building
> Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7411
> Office: (919) 966-8930
> Fax:     (919) 966-6961
> E-mail: [email protected]

Leif Nordberg
Professor of Statistics and Econometrics
Department of Economics and Statistics
�bo Akademi University
FIN-20500 �BO
Finland