st: RE: output svymean

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: output svymean
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:00:14 -0400

I am not familiar with SAS. As Brian Sayer suggested, in Stata I would use
the -post- or -file- commands to get an output dataset after -svytab-.
Here's an example using -post- where I extract what I need from the
estimates and variance matrices left behind by -svytab-. Then I calculate
the confidence intervals based on the formula on page 85 of the [SVY]
manual. I've included two samples: one using the subpop() option and one
without. It will probably wrap badly after I send it, so you may have to
manually unwrap some long lines.

Best,
Lee Sieswerda, Epidemiologist
Thunder Bay District Health Unit
[email protected]

**********************************
capture log close
cd d:\Data\nwosdus\2001
log using cage.log, replace
set more off

tempname memhold
tempfile cage

postfile `memhold' region grade sex percent stderr lowci upci N using cage,
replace

gen dum = 1

* First, calculate for all grades and regions...
	quietly svytab cage_2 dum, per se ci

	local df = e(df_r)
	local N = e(N)
	matrix myV = e(V)
	local se = sqrt(myV[1,1])

	matrix myb = e(b)
	local est = myb[1,2]

	* Upper Confidence Limit
	local up = log(`est'/(1-`est')) +
((invttail(`df',0.025)*`se')/(`est'*(1-`est')))
	local upci = exp(`up')/(1+ exp(`up'))

	* Lower Confidence Limit
	local lo = log(`est'/(1-`est')) -
((invttail(`df',0.025)*`se')/(`est'*(1-`est')))
	local lowci = exp(`lo')/(1+ exp(`lo'))

	post `memhold' (0) (0) (0) (100*`est') (100*`se') (100*`lowci')
(100*`upci') (`N')

* Then calculate by region...
* Subregions for subpop command already generated in crdata1.do

forvalues r = 1(1)3 {

		quietly svytab cage_2 dum, per se ci subpop(subreg`r')
		local df = e(df_r)
		local N = e(N_sub)
		matrix myV = e(V)
		local se = sqrt(myV[1,1])

		matrix myb = e(b)
		local est = myb[1,2]

		* Upper Confidence Limit
		local up = log(`est'/(1-`est')) +
((invttail(`df',0.025)*`se')/(`est'*(1-`est')))
		local upci = exp(`up')/(1+ exp(`up'))

		* Lower Confidence Limit
		local lo = log(`est'/(1-`est')) -
((invttail(`df',0.025)*`se')/(`est'*(1-`est')))
		local lowci = exp(`lo')/(1+ exp(`lo'))

		post `memhold' (`r') (0) (0) (100*`est') (100*`se')
(100*`lowci') (100*`upci') (`N')
}

postclose `memhold'

set more on