st: new schemes for bargraphs

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
Subject   st: new schemes for bargraphs
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:52:05 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Statalist,

I would like to find or make a scheme for bar graphs that contains
bar fill patterns like polka dots, stripes and other highly
distinguishable patterns. I put a lot of results on the web, and I don't
think that most black and white printers can really distinguish between
the subtle shades of grey that result from using many categories.

If a scheme with good B-W patterns exists, I have not been able to find
it. If it does not, is there a way to expand the custom colors palette to
include geometric patterns?

I would be most grateful is someone could point me in the right direction.

Dimitriy V. Masterov

Dimitriy V. Masterov

Center for Social Program Evaluation
1155 East 60th St. Room 038