RE: st: RE: RE: Svytab subgroup analysis with more than two subgroups

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <[email protected]>
To   "'L Allen '" <[email protected]>, "'[email protected] '" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: Svytab subgroup analysis with more than two subgroups
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:34:56 -0400

This would appear to be one of the negative side effects to how Stata
handles subpop().  But you might try setting the value of the group var to
missing for values outside of the subpop().  In fact, manipulating missing
values is a general fix for many problems with subpop().

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: L Allen
To: [email protected]
Sent: 7/23/03 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: st: RE: RE: Svytab subgroup analysis with more than two
subgroups

That is what I want.  However, the problem I ran into when constructing
the
subgroup, both previously and as suggested below, is that the 3 groups
not
in the subgroup are still levels in the groupvar and generate a 0 count
in
half the cells in the table.  With zeros in the marginals, a chi-square
cannot be computed.

Richard Clerkin
Ph.D. Student
Indiana Nonprofit Project