Re: st: Re: graph to pdf

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: graph to pdf
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:59:56 +0100

> > On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 02:33 AM, Olena wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to export graphs from Stata to other packages? For
> > example, is it possible to save graphs as pdf files? I am Stata 7
> > user. Thank you very much in advance! Olena

and Kit Baum replied....
> webuse auto
> graph7 price mpg
> File->Print Graph->Save as PDF button in the resulting dialog box.
> Not being familiar with your computing environment, I must warn that
> this may require an operating system upgrade...

Or possibly an upgrade to Stata 8

In Stata7 I find the advice given at

very useful for converting files to wmf (Windows Meta File) for
insertion into MS Apps (e.g. Word & PowerPoint).

I also use IrfanView (a free image viewer app) to then convert (in
batches) the *.wmf files to *.jpg for use in web-pages.  See

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it
were so it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's
logic" - Tweedledee (Alice Through the Looking Glass)