st: Xi or Desmat

From   "Joao Pedro W. de Azevedo" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Xi or Desmat
Date   Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:23:32 +0100

Dear Statausers,
I would like to know if there is any command which would automatically
generate dummy variables out of a categorical variable. XI or DESMAT would
work, with the exception that they omit one category. In my case I need one
dummy variable every possible category. I've checked the archives and I've
found an exchange of email on this issue in July/2002. Some users suggested
that this option could be included in either XI or DESMAT... I would like to
know if anyone has come up with a ado file to do that.
Suggestion will be much appreciated,
Joao Pedro