st: Mea culpa, mea cupla, mea maxima cupla - Counts and endogeneity

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Mea culpa, mea cupla, mea maxima cupla - Counts and endogeneity
Date   Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:42:21 -0500

Natalia M C Barbosa and the rest of Statalist,

Thursday, July 17 Natalia M C Barbosa ([email protected]) asked, in part,
about
endogeneity in GLM models.  I suggested she check out the new GLM measurement
error commands for IV GLM.  Vince Wiggins has kindly pointed out to me that the
IV for measurement error is different than the IV for endogeneity and employing
this when you have an endogenous regressor will yield inconsistent estimates.

Sorry for any confusion,

Scott