st: RE: xtreg fixed effect with time trend; constant

From   "Millimet, Daniel" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xtreg fixed effect with time trend; constant
Date   Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:01:42 -0500

It's probably blowing up if you code the year as, say, 1999.  Then the
constant becomes the mean value of y fixing all X's at zero and time at
zero.  This is "right," just not relevant.  If you plug in the average
value of the year in the trend, you should get sensical values of y.
Alternatively, rescale the time variable to start in year 0.

Dann

Daniel L. Millimet, Assistant Professor
Department of Economics
Box 0496