RE: st: testing endogeneity in a two-equation model with censored andbinary dependent variables.

From   Ricardo Henriquez <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: testing endogeneity in a two-equation model with censored andbinary dependent variables.
Date   Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:30:11 -0400

Prof. Schaffer:

1. Thanks for your suggestions.

2 With respect to your comment: "This last statement confuses me. The
standard DWH test of endogeneity is used when estimating a single equation
using instrumental variables. The endogeneity relates to one or more
regressors in this single equation. These regressors can be binary -it
doesn't matter for either the IV estimation or the DWH test."

Ronna Cong, from Stata Corporation, wrote an excelent response to the
questions: "How to test endogeneity?",  "How do I perform a
Durbin-Wu-Hausman test?" (see the FAQs under endogeneity).
In her response she uses as an example a simultaneous two-equation model and
utilises regression analysis (regress), indicating, indirectly, that the two
dependent variables are continuous. However, you cannot use the procedure
suggested by Ronna Cong when one of the the dependent variables (in my case
the endogenous)is binary. In other words, it seems to me that does matter
what type of variables your are considering. Am I wrong?......

Regards,

Ricardo Henr�quez
Chile