st: Overriding dropping of collinear variables

From   James Valcour <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Overriding dropping of collinear variables
Date   Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:45:38 -0400

Is there a way to tell Stata (either v7 or v8) not to drop collinear variables? Usually I wouldn't try and do this, but I'm trying to compare some output produced from SAS's proc genmod with some glm output from Stata. SAS doesn't automatically drop collinear variables. I'm trying to do this because all the examples from a course I recently took were in SAS and I'm trying to see if I can get the same results from Stata.

I'm a regular Stata user and after using SAS again (I hadn't used it in a number of years) I'm even more of a proponent of Stata.

Thanks!

James Valcour

--
James Valcour
Department of Population Medicine

We notice things that don't work. We don't notice things that do.
We notice computers, we don't notice pennies.
We notice e-book readers, we don't notice books.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Salmon of Doubt

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/