st: RE: editing graph labels on survival curves

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: editing graph labels on survival curves
Date   Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:20:03 +0100

BAP

> Hi, can anyone tell me how to change the position of
> the labels on a pair of kaplan-meier curves? I would
> also like to change the graph title and the x axis
> title. Here is the command I used
> in Stata 6:
> -sts graph if n_stage2==1, by(sfrules2)tmax(600)-
>
> Actually, I'm assuming it's hard to change the
> position Stata selects for the labels. Can I open the
> file in some other software and edit it? I have tried
> a few things but have been unsuccessful.

You are using Stata 6.

On the label positions:

Stata 6 graphs can be edited using the Stata graphics
editor Stage.

However, I believe that this is no longer
marketed, but possibly you can find a copy locally
installed.

On the title, etc.:

As indicated in the manual and the on-line help,
-sts graph- accepts options of -graph, twoway-
so try options like -title()- and -b2title()-.