st: errors in outcome variables regression

From   Margaret May <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: errors in outcome variables regression
Date   Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:32:19 +0100

I have been looking at the command eivreg (errors in variables regression) which corrects the effect estimate when independent variables are measured with error. The problem I have is looking at differences in a continuous outcome between exposure groups where the outcome variable is measured with error. I can estimate the reliability of the outcome measure as I have data from a validity study so can estimate the intra-class correlation coefficient. Is there a method for correcting for measurement error in outcome variables?

Margaret May

Margaret May
Department of Social Medicine
University of Bristol