Re: st: oprobit standardized coefficients

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: oprobit standardized coefficients
Date   Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:37:03 +0900

Scott Smith posted:

Does anyone know how to calculate standardized coefficients for an ordered
probit model? We were able to calculate standardized coefficients for an OLS
regression model using the "beta" option but we were unable to find a
comparable option for oprobit.

One of the many postestimation commands from J. Scott Long and Jeremy Freese
might work for you here.  I've illustrated one of them, -listcoef-, in the
do file below, although I'm not certain that it's what you're looking for.

Joseph Coveney

clear
set seed 20030704
set obs 100
generate byte trt = _n > _N / 2
generate byte sco = int(uniform() * 5) + 1
generate float bas = uniform()
xi: oprobit sco i.trt*bas
listcoef, help
exit