st: Good News

From   David Jacobs <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Good News
Date   Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:22:11 -0400

Stata Users:

I think I have good news for users who are frustrated by the immobility of the review and variables windows in version 8 for the MS Windows OS.

According to Kevin Crow at Stata, the developers will add a key combination that quickly suppresses the review and variables windows, so, for example, with this addition you can easily get rid of these inconvenient semi permanent windows and use the entire screen for the editor or anything else you want. This addition should more convenient for people like me who avoid the mouse whenever possible. Typing control 5 and control 6, of course will quickly bring both windows back.

This isn't an ideal solution, of course, but it should be an improvement. I'm proud of myself for finally thinking of something the Stata folks hadn't thought of. Or maybe they had and didn't want do it. In any case, user endorsements might speed this innovation along.

Dave Jacobs

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/