st: nice upgrade and fixes (OOPs -- bugs!)

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: nice upgrade and fixes (OOPs -- bugs!)
Date   Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:56:01 -0500

In Stata/SE 8.1 and the prior private version released to me, for OS X, 362a, I have two ugly interface bugs.

1) the buttons are labeled improperly in the doedit window. the new file icon is labelled "break" as are the remaining buttons up to but not do and run.

2) secondly, the Tools -> Search suite of commands is disabled permanently

Can any other 8.0 or 8.1 users of StataSE confirm these bugs? I'm running OS X 10.2.6.

Recently, my computer died and I've only got back up after two hard driving cloning operations, so it's possible there problems are mine alone.

If they are not mine, if Stata would send me a fixed version to test I would be happier.

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/