st: data formatted on cards

Subject   st: data formatted on cards
Date   Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:17:26 -0400

I have complicated raw data that is formatted on "cards" and I cannot
determine how to make a dataset from these data.
This is the information that I have concerning these data:
      DATASET 3
      PART NAME Merged 1976, 1981, and 1987 Data
      FILE STRUCTURE rectangular
      CASE COUNT 1,427
      VARIABLE COUNT 4,080
      LRECL 86

Can someone help me with this problem. I am a new Stata user and have only
used datasets up to this point, and not raw data. The data is in fixed
Thank you

Patricia Pugliani, Ph.D.
University at Stony Brook,
Department of Preventive Medicine