Re: st: RE: Error bars on bar plots

From   Fred Wolfe <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Error bars on bar plots
Date   Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:07:34 -0500

Nick Cox

 ... error bars is an important "fix" that we Stata users need soon.

_Precisely_ what features are on the wishlist?
| | |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Something like the figure above, where the bar would be CI, SE, SD. Ideally it would be best to be to be able to specify upper and lower values separately. This should be, ideally either differences from the top of the bar or in absolute values. It should handle by groups.

As an aside, unless I don't understand (very possible) in bar graphs you can display by groups but not total (e.g., men, women, both).

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel (316) 263-2125 Fax (316) 263-0761

* For searches and help try: