st: Re: use of impute command

From   "Scott Merryman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: use of impute command
Date   Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:19:07 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Polly Smiths" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 3:22 PM
Subject: st: use of impute command

> Dear STATA-listers,
> I am a beginner with STATA and trying to use the impute command to deal
> some missing data. However, despite having attempted several different
> specifications, I continue to receive a message to the effect that the
> command was executed but with no changes made.
> I wondered if there are some preconditions for the use of this command?
> Thank you very much.
> best,
> Polly

hmm, are you sure you have missing observations?

It seems to work with the auto dataset.

. use "C:\Stata8\auto.dta", clear
(1978 Automobile Data)

. impute rep78 price mpg, gen(foo)
  6.76% (5) observations imputed

You might also find -hotdeck-  (findit hotdeck) and Matt
Schonlau's -hotdeckvar-
( useful.