st: compatibility problems with Stata SE

From   "Julian Cristia" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: compatibility problems with Stata SE
Date   Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:17:01 -0400

Hi. I have just started using Stata SE 8.0.

The problem that I face is that when I send files from this version to Stata 7.0 users they cannot read them as the program says that the files are not in Stata format. I even tried saving the .dta file as an Stata 7.0 type of file, but it doesn't work either.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks a lot

Julian Cristia