st: RE: cumulative rates

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <BSayer@s-3.com>
To   "'Candida.Moshiro@student.uib.no '" <Candida.Moshiro@student.uib.no>, "'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu '" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: cumulative rates
Date   Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:05:53 -0400

If you have true survey data, you don't want to try and calculate CIs from
aggregate data.  You need to figure out a way to do it with the survey
commands.

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Candida.Moshiro@student.uib.no
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Sent: 6/23/03 6:39 AM
Subject: st: cumulative rates

Hi,

We have survey data on injury counts and want to calculate annual
incidence
rates at different time points (& 95% CIs) adjusting for clustering.

We have a variable (time) which represents time since injury (1-12
months).

I need to first accumulate the injury counts at each time point and then

calculate the incidence rates. The data is at individual level.

I tried the following code:

collapse (sum) injury time, by(area)

but could not get the accumulated counts.

I would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks

Candida

--