st: cumulative rates

Subject   st: cumulative rates
Date   Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:39:43 +0200

We have survey data on injury counts and want to calculate annual incidence
rates at different time points (& 95% CIs) adjusting for clustering.

We have a variable (time) which represents time since injury (1-12 months).

I need to first accumulate the injury counts at each time point and then
calculate the incidence rates. The data is at individual level.

I tried the following code:

collapse (sum) injury time, by(area)

but could not get the accumulated counts.

I would appreciate some help on this.

Candida Moshiro
University of Bergen
Center for International Health