st: RE: Exporting Tables

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <[email protected]>
To   "'BDupont '" <[email protected]>, "'[email protected] '" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Exporting Tables
Date   Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:58:19 -0400

Though I haven't done it in Stata, one general strategy is to create an
output data set (now that postfile allows character variables), accumulate
all of the tables you are interested in, and then use something to export
the dataset, rather than the output, to Excel.  StatTransfer or DBMSCopy for
example, or the newish ODBC driver thing.  You just have to remember to have
variables like RowVar and ColVar that take on the values of the NAME of the
variable, and RowVal (ColVal) that take of the VALUES of the row variable,
plus the actual output that you are interested in.

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: BDupont
To: [email protected]
Sent: 6/20/03 1:14 PM
Subject: st: Exporting Tables

Hi all,

I am trying to export tables from the tabulate and svytab commands into
Excel.
 I know that the "copy table" option is useful in doing this from the
log file
or the output screen directly, but I'm curious as to how to have STATA
do this
automatically.  Is there some way to automate the copy table option so
that
all of the tables I create get dumped into an Excel file without having
manually copy them?

Thanks in advance!
Brandon Dupont