st: RE: Principal Component Analysis

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Principal Component Analysis
Date   Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:40:23 +0100

Joao Pedro W. de Azevedo

> I would like to be able to produce the following, after running the
> Principal Component Analysis with
> Stata:
> 1) communalities table
> 2) Kaiser-Meyer-Olkin (KMO) test
> 3) Barlet test of Sphericity
> Does anyone knows if there is any user written program to
> produce some of these tests?

What you want is, I think, more often regarded
as factor analysis rather than principal
component analysis. What there is can be
seen by e.g.

. findit factor

but there's not much for people interested
in this area.

The last author was Bartlett.