st: RE: Using more than one weights variable in svylogit?

From   Lee Sieswerda <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Using more than one weights variable in svylogit?
Date   Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:24:52 -0400

Your choice depends on how well you know your sampling frame. It sounds to
me like you probably know the composition of the agency sampling frame, and
so can correct for over/under-representation of each class of agency. Do you
also know the sex composition of your sampling frame? If so, then there
should be no problem making a composite weighting variable.
e.g.,
Sample proportions
	sex: Male = .1
	agency: Dist = .8
Actual proportions
	sex: Male = .3
	agency: Dist = .5

post-strat weights:
	Male-Dist: (.3/.1)*(.5/.8)
	Male-Reg: (.3/.1)*(.5/.2)
	Fem-Dist: (.7/.9)*(.5/.8)
	Fem-Reg: (.7/.9)*(.5/.2)

If you do not know the sex distribution of the sampling frame, then you
probably should not try to weight on sex.

Regards,
Lee

Lee Sieswerda, Epidemiologist
Thunder Bay District Health Unit