st: Re: on firewalls

From   Christopher F Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: on firewalls
Date   Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:26:06 -0400

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 02:33 AM, John wrote:

There are a few sites that I used to access regularly from within Stata (eg
UCLA and some individual users); these are now not accessible. Is it
possible for Stata Corp to in some way identify these and make them
available for manual download in the same manner that they have done for the
"merror" package?
All materials that are in the SSC archive are accessible via web browser to RePEc services IDEAS or EconPapers. We encourage people (particularly Windows users) to avoid web browser downloads in favor of "net install", aka "ssc install", but if the latter is unavailable due to firewall issues and the failure of a proxy solution, the web browser download is a good option (and presents no problems for Mac OS X, Linux, Unix users).

Kit Baum
SSC archive maintainer

*
* For searches and help try: