Re: st: calling dll functions from ado code

Subject   Re: st: calling dll functions from ado code
Date   Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:40:55 -0400

Thanks for your response - it will be a great feature and I look forward to
the new documentation.  I'd like to download the merror package, but
unfortunately my firewall blocks all of my net commands from inside Stata.
Does anyone know how I can obtain this package manually?

Assistant Economist
Banking Studies Function
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
(212) 720-1646

Chris Metli <> asks about calling into DLLs from

> I just read a Stata brochure that said it is possible to dynamically
> link C function libraries into Stata.  All I could find online was
> an abstract of a presentation at the UK Stata users meeting.  Does
> anyone know how to do this, or know where I can find more
> documentation?  Thanks.

The brochure is just the slightest bit ahead of development and

As Kit Baum <> noted, DLLs can be called from Stata and in fact
suite of commands to fit models to data with measurement error has been
implemented using DLLs, see  These commands
presented in a full-day seminar at the Stata User Group Meeting in Boston,
March 19th.

As we documented DLLs, it became clear that we wanted to make some final
changes to make using DLLs easier.  These changes were discussed at the
Stata User Group meeting on May 19th.  The changes are almost complete and
expect to have a web page documenting how to use DLLs with Stata up by the
first week in July.

-- Vince                       -- Bobby