Re: st: Query- graph box

From   Ernest Berkhout <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Query- graph box
Date   Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:25:59 +0200

At 12:05 10-6-2003, you wrote:
Dear Stata-listers,

I am using Stata 8.0 SE and I wish to display the following box plot:

graph box X  , over(site, total)  ytitle(" ")  ylabel( , grid)  title(" ")
subtitle(" ")  note(" ", span)

Is there a way to add the "value" of the median on top  inside the box.  I
have checked the manuals but failed to spot if there is an option for that.
You could do that if you would create the boxplot yourself by using 4 twoway-overlayed graphics. See the discussion on boxplots that was on Statalist last wednesday/thursday.

Ernest Berkhout
SEO Amsterdam Economics
University of Amsterdam

Room 3.08