st: subpops within subpops using svy commands

From   "karen matsuoka" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: subpops within subpops using svy commands
Date   Mon, 09 Jun 2003 14:26:42 -0700

I would like to conduct a logistic regression using the svylogit command on a sub-sample of a subsample of a complex survey sample.

I understand that the appropriate way to work with sub-samples with svy-commands is to use the subpop command. However, Stata seems to allow only one subpop.

What if I want to look at a subpopulation of a subpopulation (for example, only individuals with incomes below federal poverty level who also have diabetes)? If I were to use the subpop command to select those people with diabetes, and then the "if" command to select only those people with the income level I am interested in, will that work or will that throw all of the standard errors off?

---
Karen