st: RE: stepwise regression with force statment

From   David Vaughan <dvk@dvkconsult.com.au>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: RE: stepwise regression with force statment
Date   Sat, 7 Jun 2003 21:08:34 +1000

On Saturday, Jun 7, 2003, at 16:33 Australia/Sydney, "Nick Cox" <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk> wrote:

snip

Better advice, I think, is to seek out Frank Harrell's
"Regression modeling strategies" for a long list of reasons
why stepwise is a very bad idea.
Nick

-findit harrell- and some other searches did not reveal this paper to me. Can you provide further guidance please?

thanks
david

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk