st: Re: StataSE update on MacOS X

From   Christopher Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: StataSE update on MacOS X
Date   Wed, 4 Jun 2003 07:44:42 -0400

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 02:33 AM, Dave wrote:

Any body have an idea as to the permissions settings for these two
folders? And how to reset them to a proper state? I'm thinking either
this or Stuffit might be the problem.
On my (slower) TiBook, /Applications/Stata is owned by root, group wheel, and is
drwxrwxrwx. The StataSE within is owned by baum (who is an admin user on this system), group wheel, and has privileges -rwxr-xr-x . If your permissions/ownerships differ, use chmod or chown to fix them. (It appears that the owner of the executable is the user who did the update; given the enclosing directory permissions, anyone could do that). I haven't checked how this looks on our grad student systems, on which the regular user is not an admin.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: