st: Re: OS X update behavior

From (Kevin Turner)
Subject   st: Re: OS X update behavior
Date   Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:31:42 -0500

David Airey <> wrote:

>If you do have this problem, can you confirm my system's behavior?
>The renaming issue (bug) happens as usual (renaming from StataSE.bin to
>StataSE.1 with an icon change as well, from a Stuffit icon to a Stata)
>if I start Stata from (pwd: /Applications/Stata/Stata Data/).
>The renaming bug does _not_ occur (though the icon does change from
>Stuffit to Stata) if I start Stata by double clicking the StataSE icon
>itself rather than the file (pwd: /Applications/Stata/).
>I have tested this three times starting from each source and the
>behavior was 100% repeatable, using update executable with the force
>Any body have an idea as to the permissions settings for these two
>folders? And how to reset them to a proper state? I'm thinking either
>this or Stuffit might be the problem.

Make sure you update the executable from the same directory that the executable
resides in. You can see your current directory with the Stata -pwd- command.
Double-clicking the executable (just prior to updating, as David mentions) is
a convenient solution to this issue.

The next update will correct this bug.