RE: st: LR-tests and Xtnbreg

From   Jon Heron <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: LR-tests and Xtnbreg
Date   Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:16:30 +0100

 Me again,

 in attempt to gain a better understanding, I am trying to
 verify the relationship between alpha in the mean-dispersion
 nbreg model and delta in the constant-dispersion nbreg model.

 This works fine in a pair of models containing just a constant
 however breaks down when I add a 2 level factor.

 How is the single value of delta calculated from the two delta_i
 from the two groups?  It doesn't appear to be the arithmetic
 nor geometric mean.

 thanks in advance

 Jon