st: graphing and shading

From   "John D. Levendis" <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: graphing and shading
Date   Mon, 2 Jun 2003 21:28:22 -0500

Hi everyone,

I've got a quation regarding the new graphing facilities in STATA8.

Lets say I've got some GDP data over time. Stata provides a means whereby I can
demarcate a year using xline. Thus, I could show the great depression as the
area between two vertical lines:
- twoway connected gdp time, xline(1929 1945)

But lets say that I'd like to shade the area between two years (useful if I
want to have a bunch of intervals indicating time of recession. Is there a way
to do this in STATA?

John D. Levendis
W210 Pappajohn Bus. Bldg
University of Iowa