st: re: Odd egen=(max) problem <--SOLVED

From   "Hoetker, Glenn" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re: Odd egen=(max) problem <--SOLVED
Date   Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:08:08 -0500

Well, I'm truly baffled, but at least the problem cited in my earlier
message has been solved.  I didn't want anyone to spend additional time
on it.

At the offline suggestion of an insightful person, I erased the dataset
in question and recreated it from the underlying data.  To my eyes, the
datasets look exactly the same, but egen worked as anticipated with the
new set.  Perhaps there was some sort of odd corruption.

Anyway, I'll try that trick again next time such a problem arises.

Glenn Hoetker
Assistant Professor of Strategy
College of Business Administration
217-265-4081
[email protected]
"Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm."
Sir Winston Churchill