st: test for equality of coeff. estimates across heckman models

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: test for equality of coeff. estimates across heckman models
Date   Wed, 28 May 2003 22:06:19 CEST

Dear all,

I would like to test for the equality of coefficient estimates
obtained with the "heckman" command. Here is my problem:

I am interested in alcool consumption and sample selection. I
have data for the consumption of 3 different alcools (for the
same 8'000 people) and want to run 3 different "heckman models"
on the same sample (not necessarily with the same explanatory
variables).

The next step would be to test for the equality of the coefficients
generated by the 3 previous models (beer, wine and spirits):
something like "test [beer]age = [wine]age" or
               "test [beer]sex = [wine]sex = [spirits]sex"

I would like to know if there is a way to implement such a test for
heckman models which have been estimated separately.

Thanks in advance,