st: RE: Problem with diagt command and 'if' subsetting

From   "Steichen, Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Problem with diagt command and 'if' subsetting
Date   Wed, 28 May 2003 15:06:04 -0400

Shawn Fultz writes:

> > I tried to calculate sensitivity and specificity, using the diagt
> > command, on a subset of records by using the 'if' subsetting. It used
> > all of the records, ignoring the 'if' subsetting aspect of the
> > command. I also tried using this with an expression which was always
> > false, and it still used all records.
> >
> > The help file for this command states that you can use the 'if'
> > subsetting.
> >
> > Am I going about this incorrectly, or is this an error in the
> > programming?

I just tried -diagt- version 2.0.0 (dated 21 Feb 2001) with an -if-.
It properly subsetted the data.

I also peeked at the code. The logic of how it handles the -if-
seems correct.

Perhaps you should check which version you are running and update it
if necessary.  Also, show us the exact form of the command you are using.

Tom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any
attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential,
protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or
proprietary non-public information.  If you are not an intended
recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if
any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.