st: Re:tables from smcl

From   "Stephen P. Jenkins" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re:tables from smcl
Date   Fri, 23 May 2003 16:44:23 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:33:30 -0400 "Jesper B. Sorensen"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I would like to be able to accomplish the following and wonder if anyone
> has a utility for doing it:
>
> I have a bunch of smcl logs containing regression results (about 10 per
> file, say).  I want to create nicely formatted tables in something like
> word, so I would like to convert the results in the smcl files to something
> like the output generated by outreg.  I.e., variable name, parameter
> estimate,  standard error, and stars or the like for significance level in
> a comma-delimited file.
>
> The obvious answer is to use outreg right after running the models.  But
> the data sit on a machine with restricted (no external) access (on the
> other side of the Atlantic), so all I have is the smcl files (in electronic
> form, of course).

Could you elaborate on your constraints please? It seems that you
can produce and retrieve log files, so why can't you use
-outreg- combined with an ascii log, and also have in the do file a
command that does a system call to -type- the outreg file (the
output of which would be echoed to the log)? (Alternatively, if you can
retrieve log files, why can't you retrieve files that -outreg- would
write?)

Stephen
Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]>
Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER)
University of Essex, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1206 873374. Fax: +44 (0)1206 873151.
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk