st: Re: user-written moving average solution

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: user-written moving average solution
Date   Sun, 18 May 2003 08:35:15 -0400

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 02:33 AM, Jonathan wrote:

I recently downloaded the following program to compute moving averages. I have never used a nonstandard stata program before and cannot get it to work. I created a folder c:\ado\personal and copied the code into a file named mavg.ado. I have version 7 of stata if that makes a difference. I get an error when stata tries to load the command. Any ideas?

ssc install egenmore

and use egen, filter, which will do what you want and will work in version 7. ssc install (like net from...) will put the materials in the right place on your machine.

Kit

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/