Re: st: data management question

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: data management question
Date   Thu, 15 May 2003 08:52:37 +0200

I think the following should do the trick:

In the second data set:

. ren marker m
. reshape long group_, i(m) j(index)
. ren group_  marker
. reshape wide marker, j(m) i(index)
. ren index group
. sort group
. save 11, replace

An than, in the first data:

. sort group
. merge group using 11

This should work for your example data but there might be problems in the
entire data which i have overlooked.

regards
uli