st: Tabulating extreme values

From   "SJ Friederich, Economics" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Tabulating extreme values
Date   Mon, 12 May 2003 22:04:15 +0100

Dear all,

Say I have a variable taking on a large number of values and I am only interested in finding out how much each of the top five or ten values represent in terms of frequencies. Is there an obvious way to tabulate only the largest (or smallest) values of a variable? -tabsort- will do it but generate tons of unwanted output (beyond the top values), I am more after something like Nick's -extremes- but for frequencies.

Thanks for suggestions,

Sylvain

*
* For searches and help try: