st: referencing estimates

From   "John D. Levendis" <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: referencing estimates
Date   Fri, 9 May 2003 08:03:55 -0500

Hi,

I was wondering how to access and use the coefficient estimates from a multiline
estimation command.

Lets say my model looked like:
-reg3 (eqn1: Y X1 X2 X3) (eqn2: Y X1 X4 X5), endog(Y X1)

I'd like to make a graph of eqn1 w/ Y on the vertical axis, and X1 on the horizontal.
The intercepts are, then, the Data multiplied by the other Xs.

The problem is that I've got many many of these regressions, and I'd rather not have to
cut and paste coefficient estimates from the regression output. Am I making sense? Lets
say I get an estimate of 0.25 for X1 and 0.80 for X2. I'd rather not have cut-and-paste
my way through:
-gen intercept1 = X2*0.25 + X3*0.80

Is there a way to do this by referncing the estimate directly, rather than typing in the
0.25 business.

Thanks in advance.

--John

John D. Levendis