Re: st: simple Stata 8 / Mac OS question

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: simple Stata 8 / Mac OS question
Date   Mon, 05 May 2003 12:58:56 -0500

> The Command window disappears:  when I switch from Stata (with the Command
> window open) to another program, and then back to Stata, the Command window
> is hiding behind whatever I just switched from.  Since Stata with no
> command window is roughly equivalent to a computer without a keyboard, this
> behavior is pretty exasperating.  How do I change it to make the Command
> window always appear with Stata?

The window has not disappeared but rather is being obscured by some other
window.  In OS X, windows can overlap between applications.  In pre-Mac OS X,
windows did not overlap between applications.  In Windows, windows do
not overlap but in X-Windows, they do.

In Stata for Macintosh, the Command window will automatically jump to the
front if you start typing so it's not necessary to use the keyboard shortcut.
Perhaps we'll put in a preference for the Command window (and Results window)
to move to the front when Stata is moved to the front.

-Chinh Nguyen