Re: st: output display

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: output display
Date   Thu, 01 May 2003 10:31:23 +0100

> when using svytab is it possible for the resultant table to show the
> complete value label of the variable not a truncated one
> also when using svytab is it possible for the table to not be
> but the associated statistics to be displayed
> thanks

I think the only answer to various previous postings of these
questions was to use -quiet-, which does not quite fit the
specification of the second question.

Here are two guesses:

Complete value labels? No; there is just not enough space to be able
to do this in all cases. A value label can be 244 characters long!
The solution lies upstream, in revising your value labels.

Table suppressed? Developing the previous answer, I imagine the
best you can do is write your own wrapper program which
-quietly- issues the command and then picks up and displays
what it leaves behind in memory.