st: Question about standard errors for inequality measures

Subject   st: Question about standard errors for inequality measures
Date   Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:57:12 -0400

Regards ,

I am having problems trying to calculate standard errors for inequality measures
(Gini coefficient, Thail, etc.)  Anybody has done this before? I have tried to
use bstrap but I cannot get it to work!

At the end of the day, I need to do hypothesis testing about changes on
inequality before and after some simulation procedure. To do so, I need to do a
hypothesis testing similar to that of testing if Y_bar is different from X_bar.
In my case, however, instead of averages I intend to use inequality measures
which are not  independent. (i.e.  I cannot assume that the covariance between
my inequality measures is zero - because they come from the same income
distribution before and after I simulate a change due to a given policy).

I would greatly appreciate I somebody could help me with this matter,

Diego Angel