st: Counting of restrictions in SUREG

From   "Christine Wieck" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Counting of restrictions in SUREG
Date   Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:49:30 +0200

Dear Stata-Experts,

I would like to aks again my question regarding the counting of observations for the possible number of constraints, because it really causes me troubles:

I am estimating an input demand system with n = 3 equations. Each equation has k = 4360 observations and m = 72 Parameters. Now, I want to enforce certain cross-equation restrictions (around 100, as most of the parameters are equal in all equations).

But Stata only allows a maximum of  k/m restrictions for the whole system (around 60 restrictions) as it seems that it doesn't count (n*k)/m but only k observations (that means only the observations from one equation instead of all three equations).

Does any one has an idea how to change this or how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
Christine Wieck

Dipl.- Ing. agr. Christine Wieck
Institute for Agricultural Policy,
Market Research and Economic Sociology
University of Bonn

Nussallee 21
D - 53115 Bonn
Germany

Phone: +49-228-73 23 26
Fax:     +49-228-73 46 93
e-mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.agp.uni-bonn.de/agpo/staff/wieck/wieck_e.htm
UNICEF bittet um Spenden f�r die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101