st: multinomial logit

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: multinomial logit
Date   Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:31:28 +0100

Dear STATA users,

I would like to ask a question. I want to run a multinomial
logit and I have 3 alternatives: C. keeping current policy (baseline group) A. protection policy 1 B. protection policy 2.

Each respondent has 8 series of choice sets (each choice set consisted of three choice A,B,C) and there are 320 people in the dataset. Therefore the total number of observations in this dataset is 3*8*320=7860.

In this case, how can I set up command in STATA in order to run multinomial logit. Do I have to use grp? However, in this case, every three observations will be a group or every 24 observations will be a group? Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Hanseung Kum

*
* For searches and help try: