[no subject]

From   Anders Alexandersson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Date   Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:25:55 -0500

Buzz Burhans writes about the new http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/:

> The archive looks great, but I am unable to view the contents of the
> messages when I open them. Searching returns a list of hits, and opening
> any of them I can see the message header and footer > information, but
> the message itself is blank. I am using Netscape 4.78 as a browser...does
> anyone > have any ideas on why the messages themselves are not visible?
> Curiously, right clicking on the mesage space and choosing "view source"
> reveals the message, but the message is not visible normally?

I cannot reproduce the problem on Windows XP using the older Netscape 4.70
or on any of my other browsers. Buzz does not state which operating system
he uses. He might want to try another browser and/or another computer. But
one suggestion for Stata Corp, which should solve most of the browser
compatibility problem, is to use validated HTML according to the W3C
validator at http://validator.w3.org/.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank Stata Corp for the April
10th update. Thanks!

Anders Alexandersson