st: Ordered probit with panel data

From   "Stacey Pelika" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Ordered probit with panel data
Date   Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:58:18 -0500

Hi,

I�m working on a project in which we are using a four-wave panel
dataset. Our dependent variable is ordered (six categories), so we would
like to use a random effects ordered probit model. We've gotten as far
as figuring out that we probably want to use the gllamm command, but I'm
wondering if we have the syntax correct. As far as I can tell, we should
be using something like this:

gllamm depvar [varlist], link(oprobit)

Is this right? Is there anything we're missing?

Thanks in advance!
Stacey Pelika

Stacey Pelika
Department of Political Science
110 North Hall, 1050 Bascom Mall
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Madison, WI  53706-1389
(608) 257-7304
�
"And I say to you...as a political scientist and a United States
Senator, that in the last analysis, politics is what we create by what
we do, by what we hope for, by what we dare to imagine." -Paul Wellstone