st: meta-analysis

From   "Patrick Sturgis" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: meta-analysis
Date   Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:51:05 +0100

I have 16 test-retest studies from which have been calculated the
before-after difference in Cronbach's Alpha for multi-item scales. The
standard error of the difference in Alpha has been estimated using the
bootstrap. I now wish to conduct a meta-analysis of these studies. Can
anyone suggest a suitable Stata user-written program for doing this? Would
Meta be appropriate? Thanks in advance,

Dr Patrick Sturgis
Department of Sociology
University of Surrey